Marketing in the Mobile Business Revolution
Businesses are going tiny! The adage “back to basics” has not been lost in the business community. For many would-be business owners, the reality of renting a building, hiring staff, stocking inventory, and managing daily business expenses is simply not feasible. Instead we are seeing an increase in e-commerce businesses created for a fraction of the cost in a fraction of the time. However, the reality is, certain industries still do and will always require a physical presence.
Enter mobile businesses. While most are familiar with the food truck boom starting around 2008, many less obvious industries have also entered the “tiny” space, such as mobile barber shops, farmers markets, clothing boutiques, bookstores, dog groomers and beauty salons.
This is a win for business owners and consumers who benefit from the push to shop smaller niche and artisan shops.
Creative business ventures also call for creative marketing tactics. The freedom that comes with a mobile location also creates the necessity for targeted marketing and brand recognition. Mobile signs, banners, and flags are tried and true tools for your marketing mix.
These are the top 5 benefits of branded signs and flags:
- Compliments a comprehensive marketing strategy: With a dynamic business location it is important to utilize multiple tactics to reach your target audience. Provide real-time updates, highlights and customer photos on social media. Provide in-depth business information and establish an e-commerce platform on your website, discuss industry news on your blog, and consider geo-targeted web ads if you will park in a static location. Capture foot traffic with bright and interesting flags or banners and promote your product or product line using custom signs.
- Mobility and convenience: Your signs go wherever your business goes. Most flag and banner kits can be easily setup and broken down for travel and storage.
- Communicate several messages: Utilize various signs to convey different messages. You can have signage to display your products and services along with signage demonstrating pricing variations, new arrivals or sales. Your options are endless.
- Custom branding: Decide if you will use banners, signs, flags or a combination. Add your logo, select the appropriate color combinations or graphics and hang in a prominent location to garner attention.
- Low cost solution: Perhaps the most attractive attribute is the total cost. You can add signs or flags to your arsenal for a few hundred dollars, and unlike digital or traditional print advertisements there is no expiration date. Your signage is evergreen and when properly stored can have a long shelf life.